Friday, 17 January 2014

The letter of the law (Week 2)

Blissfully unaware of all the pedagogy I was meant to have thought about after week 1 and before week 2, all I could think about was the webquest.


This is because I had done it and was looking forward to my word of praise.

The webquest was great and well designed (using Google Forms), it took us through legal considerations associated with using the Internet, along with issues we should be thinking about, such as cyberbullying and inclusion of all learners. Here is our teachers summary page on these important topics.

The pedagogy I had overlooked was the concept of flipped learning and blended learning. By doing the webquest I had experienced in a small way these two similar notions. Blended learning places you inside a building with teachers and technology, whereas flipped learning is when you use the Internet to do work in advance so you can better get on with new work in the lesson. Also allowing the teacher to better match their help and support to their learners. (Oh, I should aknowledge that I stole those two links from our teachers blog site). I personally love the idea of flipped learning, but feel I am a long way away from actually going for it. I think the best way would be to follow the advice in the article I linked and certainly go just one lesson at a time.

The rest of week 2 was devoted to using tools from Classtools.net and learning how to hide links in strange places, such as behind pictures and building familiarity with the use of embed codes.

Here is a link to a worksheet about population, I made it using TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/p59h5hu

I also made a QR code for the same worksheet

No comments:

Post a Comment